General Dating Questions/Why didn't I scare him off yet?

Question
QUESTION: Hi Azure, question for you.

I'm a 31 year old woman, met a 26 year old guy on a dating site. He is very polite and respectful. On our first date, he told me "I read on your site that you are looking to get married, I don't think I'm ready for that just yet."

I told him I was going out of town on a conference for 2 weeks, and he said "ok I won't text you for two weeks then." I assumed he would never contact me again.

But he kept on texting me during the conference saying hi and if I wanted to see him again in case I got back earlier.

And then after two weeks he kept asking me out on second and third dates.

I've been dating online for years and no one has asked me out on second or third dates.

What's your impression about this? How much interest is there, and do you think he's reconsidering the marriage thing? or just getting to know me?

thanks

ANSWER: at this point, no one needs to even THINK marriage...if he's asking you, there's obvious interest; just take it one date at a time and see what happens..

QUESTION: He has a masters in engineering. I'm doing my PhD in case you're wondering.

My entire family (and their friends and colleagues) will not stop screaming at me and putting tons of pressure on me to get married, they say 31 year old women are too old and you need to settle down immediately because it's harder as a woman to get pregnant and have kids later on in life. So this thing is driving me crazy. I am being interrogated constantly by them and they keep on grilling me about marriage and babies continuously, it's driving me insane.

Also, as my own personal goals, at 31 I don't want to waste too much time with the wrong guy.

Answer
everyone needs to calm down; first, tell family/friends, that the subject is "off limits"..hopefully they can respect your wishes; 31 isn't a cause for panic, nowadays it's not too old for anything; sure you can have it as your long term goal, but to get there it happens in stages; right now you're in a very early stage of eventually deciding if you and this guy have long term potential; at this point, all you need to consider after a date is "do i want to see him again?"...after a few months of yesses to that question, you can both decide as to a possible life future together...

General Dating Questions

Azure