General Dating Questions/stuck in a conundrum

Question
My name is Lisa, I've been seeing this guy for about 8-9months now. We started off as a fwb type situation, but now I have feelings for him. He has met my family and has gotten to know them too. They seem to like him, but they are worried about me. This guy is 13 years older than me and works at a tire shop. I really do like him, if not starting to love him. We are even planning on moving in together.

The major issue I'm running into right now is that all my life I imagined a somewhat romantic relationship. Not roses everyday or anything, but the whole "take your breath away moments" cuddling, being told I'm beautiful even. I don't know if I'm asking for too much, and I have no idea how to talk to him about this, if I can at all.

I don't want to change him and I don't want to push him into something he doesn't want to. Also I don't want to lose him. I hope I'm not sounding like a whiney little girl. I don't know what to do, any help would be a blessing.

Answer
Visit Clearly Lively
Visit Clearly Lively  
Hello Lisa, I am sorry for the delay, just getting back from the holiday shuffle. You don't sounds silly at all. As long as, its viewed in a realistic way its normal to want that take your breath away love. Here is my suggestion to getting him to open up and be more romantic. I feel that yes talk to him about what you need in the relationship of course, but also show him what passion looks like. What I mean by that is initiate a few romantic gestures and guide him to what you like. Start with something once a week, by showing him the little things,passion, intimacy, cooking together etc.Its a way to get him into the habit of opening up and training him to be more romantic.

Hope this helps
By Cleopatra Isis E.
Integrated Master Life Coach

www.ClearlyLively.com

General Dating Questions

Cleopatra Jade