General Dating Questions/Boorish or an idiot?

I went on a date with a guy. I had been really attracted to him for months. He had been texting me for 4 months but I was unsure of him. Reason is. I asked him out once and he said he would think about it. I texted him this place for lunch and dinner and he said he was interested and liked that place. but then he stopped talking to me. He did not get back to me and then I dated 12 other men and then forgot about him. he then kept on texting me saying hi but i didn't really talk to him much because I was unsure of his intentions. He then texted me again weeks later and started talking to me regularly so I finally asked him out again and if he wanted to go out for dinner.

We set a time for dinner and drinks at 7:00 pm. He came at 6:45 pm and texted me that he was there, I texted back that I right across the street at the stoplight, and he said no worries take your time. I came at 6:55 pm. When I came, I saw that he had already ordered a beer and started drinking it. Hmm. Ok.

I sat down and we ordered some appetizers. He whined about what he didn't like about the lettuce wraps to the waiter, the way the lettuce was cut (yes it really was crappy) and sent it back and got something else.

He told the waitress in a very dismissive tone "can you tell your manager about how we don't like the lettuce wrap."

He went to use the restroom. He came back and I told him, excuse me, I'm going to use the restroom now too. He said "why didn't you just go when I went?" (Umm?...because it's rude for a woman to just take off when a guy leaves the table? and she should probably wait for him to come back before she leaves to pee too? uhh what??) Ok whatever.

He said he was looking for a side job. I talked to him about how I got most of my jobs from Craigslist, and how I applied on other websites for other stuff, and how I tutored 4-5 year olds when I was really out of cash, basically just sitting next to them and teaching them 1,2,3 and A,B,C when I was desperate for a job and couldn't find anything, you just had to be resourceful, and that I played some musical instruments so I taught the little kids that too and that's how I made money when I was poor and I advertised all my services on Craigslist. And he said "wow I learned a whole ton of stuff from you I didn't know. I would not even think of that."

I saw him staring at me during the date not moving. Just gazing at me. With a very dark fixated gaze. Hmm.

At the end of the date we got up to leave, his eyes were darting around everywhere but me. So I started walking to our cars and I told him I had a good time. I said my car was over there. He said "ok my car is over there" in the opposite direction and was about to dash off to his car. (He doesn't want to walk me to my car?) He was about to take off. I said "wait aren't you forgetting something?" He snapped his head around, and turned around. I leaned in to kiss him, and he hugged me for a while and kissed me back. He said we should hang out again. Then he dashed off to his car like a maniac. (In his defense it is freezing cold).

Um. Ok.

Judging from his behavior to the waiter and towards me, what do you feel?

Ignorant? Tool? Dumb? Or just a condescending snooty person who is inconsiderate of others?

Or just inexperienced with dating women and I should give him a chance? I am very attracted to him but I don't need to babysit a man LOL. But if he's just clueless around girls I won't mind it. But if he's purposely rude, I dunno. What do you feel?

Well, considering I am a gentleman who believes in manner and class, this guy scores very low in that department. I don't think I need to tell you that. You saw everything with your own eyes. You have to check in to see what you felt in your gut when he did those things. I suspect it was negative feelings you experienced. Where I'm confused is why after this guy does all these low class things, you tell him you had a good time and leaned in for the kiss? I don't mean to sound harsh but have some more self-respect here. He may be attractive, but that does not give him a license to be rude and low class. You are only reinforcing his bad behavior by offering up a kiss after all of that.

In any case, you will have to make up your own mind on what to do from here. I wish you luck.  

General Dating Questions

Mike Lamb

My expertise is in answering questions from men about dating women. I have a wealth of knowledge pertaining to nearly all facets of the dating world today. We all know that there are ways to be successful in dating, but what are they? I can answer that for you. I want to teach you how to find not just any woman who will date you, but the RIGHT woman who has long-term potential for a healthy relationship. That starts with how you act and treat women in the very beginning of the dating stages. I can teach how to get there and stay there for the duration of the relationship, on into marriage if that's where it leads. My aim is to teach you to respect yourselves as men first, to be gentlemen, and to change your life for the better. That is my passion. I want to support all good men in successful dating practices. I am not here to offer pick-up techniques or to help you get women into bed. My purpose is more noble than that. I cannot answer questions pertaining to psychology or psychological problems as these would best be addressed by a licensed mental health counselor.

For over a decade, I have dedicated myself to becoming a better man and to understanding women. This has led me to all sorts of seminars, training programs, books, etc. There is a wealth of information out there, but how much of it really is useful in real-world application? I have narrowed down the best and most-relevant information for men as it pertains to dating. This is information I have tested and learned in the real world from personal experiences and also gathered from the personal experiences of those closest to me.

The Doc Love Club

I am a Life Coach and hold a degree in Business Administration.