General Dating Questions/Men and dating

Question
Dear Dr. Dennis W. Neder,

Hello.

Is it better to always let the man make the move?

I always ask for guys numbers, call them, set up dates, suggest ideas for dates...but men rudely shoot me down, and shoot down whatever ideas I have. I don't pressure them, I merely suggest ideas with 1-2 light texts. But they don't seem to like it.

So is it better to always let the man initiate? Problem is, if I don't follow up with a guy at all, he just stops talking to me entirely.

What do you advise?

Trinity

Answer
Hello Trinity!

No. As I've told you in the past, it's better for both genders to initiate things be they initial contacts, dates, sex, relationships and everything in between.

There are many aspects to this however including going after the right guys (or girls), considering timing, realizing that many people (men AND women) are incredibly self-absorbed, rude, inconsiderate and flaky.

Most women prefer to not have to do all these things but the fact is, dating is changing. Women today live in a world of unusual privilege and opportunity. They often expect men to be part of that privilege and in fact; due to your own success, many men have simply opted out.

In other words, these guys realize that you've won all of these hard-fought battles, but they, themselves have thrown up their hands and chosen not to play. That's why you're seeing much of what you're seeing with guys today.

Best regards...

Dr. Dennis W. Neder
CEO/Executive Producer
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
BAM! Productions
Remington Publications
323.638.4145
http://beingaman.com
Producers: "BAM! TV" and “Love and Sex”
Publishers: "Being a Man in a Woman's World I, II & III”

General Dating Questions

Dr. Dennis W. Neder