General Dating Questions/Does she like me?

There was this girl I felt was interested in me in college. So I reciprocated some interest as well, by asking her questions about herself and her college. i also iniated a text conversation.The next thing I know she starts ignoring me. Then suddenly she starts acknowledging me in person and then she plays cold again.

I was pissed off and I began ignoring her. I was very cold to her in person, barely said a hi every time we met. And I never texted her at all anymore. I did this for about 2 months.

Once she even went on to compliment my profile pic on Facebook when I have her the cold shoulder in college. I know that she was trying to get my attention back, probably fearing she lost it.

However, recently my friend spoke about me to her. She was saying some good things about me such as I was a damn sweet and damn cool guy.

So I thought of maybe just wishing her luck before our final exams. I never got a chance to meet her in school, so I tested her. She replied and we talked awhile. She then said we should meet up and I asked her if lunch around college would be okay. She said sure. Then I set a day but she couldn't make it and she said the following week would be good. Then our conversation broke down when she didn't reply my last text. So I followed up after 3 days asking her when were her papers. She didn't reply and it has been 5 days since.

To be honest I really feel disrespected. I know she is playing some sort of game, but was she even sincere when she said we should meet up? I was sincere when I wished her all the best, and she could have just said thanks and talked something else. Why did she have to initiate something she was not serious about? I think it's extremely rude of her.

Now how do I react to her? Also, did I screw up with her? I still am interested in her. What can I do to turn things around? If there is no way at all for us to get together, at the very least, even if I do not get this girl, I want to restore some self respect and let her know that I can't be bothered. What do I do?"

you send one final email, which says something like, "hello you know i've been trying to set up a plan for us to get together but you haven't been very responsive; if you still have an interest in meeting up, let me know, otherwise, i wish you all the best.."..fondly, gareth

General Dating Questions

expertise: over 7000 questions answered...B.A. Psychology Bates College;graduate study, Fordham Univ. School Social Work; technical editor, "dating for dummies", 2d edition, by dr joy browne; thoughtful consideration of your question, then insightful advice about love,romance and related issues given in an objective, non-judgmental manner...over 20 years of personal experience in both short and long term relationships...longer term consultations are available upon experience: personal involvement in many relationships where issues of love, sex, intimacy, trust, etc., had to be dealt with and resolved...just having "experiences", however, isn`t`s the thoughtful reflection upon and analysis of what happened and why, that leads to learning and tell me what`s on your mind and i`ll try to help, or tell you if i can`t...thanks

Over 20 years personal experience in dating, including both short and long-term relationships.Thoughtful reflection and analysis upon same, as well as providing imput relating to issues of love and romance to friends and acquaintances.

BA, Psychology, Bates College, Lewiston, Me. Graduate study at Fordham University School of Social Work.

Life experience can really be the only teacher in this area; however going through the experience is not enough. What is necessary is a real awareness, sensitivity to, and reflection upon what has happened, what has been lost, what has been gained. Getting beyond one's own insecurities and subjectivities, and seeing the experience in the context of the bigger picture, are essential stepping stones to learning and announces CT matchmaking service..for more, go to

see above..