General Dating Questions/where and how can I meet a man??!!

Question
Hi. I am 37, never married, have no children. I work nights and many weekends. I am having trouble meeting available, interested men who want more than strictly sex. I have tried several online sites for a year and have had no success at all. I put a lot of effort into my online profile and my pictures are good in my opinion; they are very close-up, clear and I am smiling. I wear makeup daily and dress well and do my hair. I am very full-figured though and I know this turns many potential boyfriends off. I'm getting very discouraged and feel like I'm not ever going to find someone who is a great match and that I am going to have to settle for less. I'm not going to lose weight simply to get a man but I am working on it, a little at a time. My self-confidence changes from day to day; sometimes it's high and other days pretty low. I feel like I look pretty damn good for being a bigger woman and am very proportionate for my size. But deep down I do feel like I am going to have to settle for less than I want and/or deserve. I may do the online dating for a few more months, but I'm about done. Another thing that doesn't help me in meeting someone is that I don't have female friends to even go out with; my good friends live an hour from me. I have asked them and family members if they know of anyone to introduce me to and no such luck!  So I guess another question I have for you is: How can I also meet potential female friends? I try to stay busy but I get pretty lonely sometimes. I'm not getting any younger and I feel like I'm just kind of drifting through life and am probably somewhat depressed as well. Do you have any ideas and suggestions on where and how I can meet some people, both females and available men?? I am able to ask for one or two Saturdays off per month and have Fridays off all the time. The guys who are interested are mostly blacks and Hispanics, but I am mainly attracted to Caucasian men, sometimes Hispanics. Are there ANY white men in their thirties or early forties who don't mind a full-figured woman that wears perfume and makeup and dresses well?? This is why I think I am going to have to settle for less than I want. Also, even tho I get tempted, I don't engage in casual sex and am not desperate, just really frustrated!!!!  I would like to settle down within five to six years if not sooner. My parents are getting older. I am not going to have my own children and that's okay but don't want to be alone forever.

Answer
I don't know how to answer this. I myself am 33 and have many of the same thoughts in my own life. The advice people give me is to get involved with a group that does something that interests me like a hobby or something. I personally don't drink so I never go to bars and most I talk to suggest against that as a place to meet women. You say you do closeup photos on the online personals. Whenever I see a personal with all closeup face pics and no body ones I just assume they are grossly overweight which isn't an unsolvable thing, but I don't think any guy wants information held back. I say just be yourself and be with people that enjoy what you enjoy.

General Dating Questions

James