General Dating Questions/He won't touch me?

I'm new to dating, but not sex. Until this point I've preferred to "hit it and quit it" or really casual hookups.

I went to the movies with this guy completely as friends and we spent some time just hanging out afterwards. We'd known each other in high school, but never really talked much other than the occasional project. However, when we were hanging out this time, things kind of just clicked. We ended up cuddling and making out. We hanged out a couple more times, again cuddling and making out, and he eventually brought up the topic of dating. After he brought this up, he asked me if I wanted to spend the night. We made out intensely, and eventually I was in only my underwear. It never went past intense making out though. I eventually decided why the heck not and agreed to dating despite having no experience in it.

We hang out and it's a lot of fun, but now it's like he doesn't want to touch me. I think it's really cool that we can hang out without it being about needing to touch each other, but I have my limits. When I try to turn our small kisses into anything more, he pulls back. When I jokingly tease "you better stop that, or I'll kiss you!" he always stops immediately. Am I missing something? Does dating mean no more making out and such? I'm just really confused, and it's starting to make me not feel desirable... I know I'm attractive and a good kisser... And neither of us has any religious thing holding us back from a little bit of action, so what's going on?

I don't know your age but generally dating does reduce the amount of making out to most guy's disappointment. But often times people date  or become "serious" is to gain something more meaningful than touching. I would take it as a compliment that he isn't interested only  in getting in your pants. I wouldn't let it make you  feel less desirable.  All that matters is he'd rather spend time with you than just about anything else.

General Dating Questions

First and foremost if you read ahead you'll find I have a word limit on questions I'll read. This site is for short simple questions and it should not be for writing essays. Please also note I am unfamilar with most cultures outside of United Stated, UK, and France. Please respect my rules. I don't like rejecting questions. I will be the first to admit that I don't know everything about dating, women/men, and interpersonal connections. However I have learned quite a bit vicariously from other people's experiences. Think of my advice as a second opinion. I would be happy to answer all questions related to relationships, dating, self-confidence, and self-image that I can. I have struggled with all of those things and probably know better than most how to deal with all of them.

I hope more than anything that my advice and opinions will help give people perspective in their lives, and hopefully make them feel better about themselves and their situations. I will attempt answering questions for anyone of any age group or nationality. However it would be particularly useful to know the age of all people involved. It does make a difference towards the advice I give. Also not terribly familar with arranged marriages and situations in which the family can dictate the details of the relationship.

My Rules:
1). I can't answer questions that ask if a girl or guy likes the other (very difficult to know remotely)
2). No questions that are More Than 250 Words. I understand that problems can be complex, but there is a real limit to how much I can read and fully understand. Particularly if English isn't the questioner's native language.
3). Only questions from Americans, Canadians, British, and cute French women.
4). No questions that ask the meaning behind if a person sets their FB status to single, coupled, or private or if they still have a dating profile undeleted somewhere. If you're cyber snooping you're likely the issue.

I don't really have any specific experience in this area other than learning from other people's mistakes and a few of my own, and whatever I've learned as a psychology major.

B.S. Psychology