General Dating Questions/Advice

Hello Dr Neder

I would like to ask for your advice on something that happened to me yesterday.

There is a guy that I was seeing casually, and we had sex on several occasion. Then all of a sudden he just told me he was too busy to see me, but we would still talk on the phone. When I did try to initiate a date, he told me that I wasn't interested in him, which was not true. I told him this and he seemed relieved with this.

When I tried to set up a date, he kept blowing me off and saying he was busy with work, family, or he wouldn't answer at all. When I asked him what the problem was and whether we could sort it out, he kept giving me different answers, which started to sound like excuses. I asked him whether he still wanted to see me and he ignored the question.

We haven't seen each other for 2 months but still talked on the phone. Just yesterday, I got a missed call from him, but when I returned  call within 1 hour, because I went to dinner and didn't have my phone on me, he
was quite rude, saying that I didn't answer his call and my response time took ages. I was absolutely pissed off with him for saying this and told him that I didn't like to be spoken to like this and explained why I didn;t ring him back ASAP he immediately tried to end the conversation.

I tried calling him today and he was quite blunt, telling me he couldn;t talk, but he still wanted to see me.

I was just wanting your opinion and advice?

Thank you

Hello Jenny!

Opinion: he's not interested in you.

Advice: move on.

Best regards...

Dr. Dennis W. Neder
CEO/Executive Producer
BAM! Productions
Remington Publications
Producers: "BAM! TV" and “Love and Sex”
Publishers: "Being a Man in a Woman's World I, II & III”

General Dating Questions

Dr. Dennis W. Neder

I'm able to answer any sort of question related to the approach, meeting people, dating, sex, relationships, break-ups, non-legal marriage and divorce questions, and anything in between. I've helped over 30,000 people with their individual issues. IMPORTANT: Please, PLEASE don't ask me, "what was he thinking..." or "why did he say..." types of questions! I DO NOT READ MINDS! There are 1,001 reasons why someone does what they do, says what they say or thinks what they think. If you *REALLY* want to know what they were thinking, saying or why they were acting that way - go ask them! Be sure to check out my FAQ's on my website at: You can email me directly at:

I am the author of the books "Being a Man in a Woman`s World I & II" and "1001 Places and Techniques to Meet Great Women" and 11 others. I`ve spent the last 20 years studying the art and science of every aspect of relationships, and have answered over 30,000 letters from readers all over the world. My main focus is men`s relationships with women, but I also have many female readers and answer questions for them regularly as well.

Doctor of Philosophy