General Dating Questions/Friend zone to dating

Question
I'm 24 years old and I recently started talking to a guy I went to college with (he's 23), we met when we were 18 because we hung out in the same group and he was in my "friend zone" up to about two months ago. He's a total catch and he is definitely looking to invest in a potential life partner. We recently had our first real date this past weekend, we met up in the city and had a wonderful time but I missed my last train and ended up having to stay over his place since it was closer. Over the course of the night and the next morning things got very intimate but no sex of any kind, he was a gentlemen and I don't think I'd be very happy with myself giving it up on the first date familiar or not lol but I guess my question is since he and I are transitioning from a platonic space into a romantic space should I still wait as I would with a man I just met a few days/weeks ago or is 6 years and two months long enough? I mean I want to, I can't stop thinking about it and I know he does too but I don't want to ruin something that I feel really has the potential to be amazing because I'm thinking with my hormones and not my head.

Answer
I would treat the introduction into a new type of relationship the exact same way no matter how long you've known the person. If you think there is a chance you'd feel less good about yourself by doing things faster than normal than I would just explain that you like him and don't want to rush into things as far as intimacy, and that you always like to take a certain amount of time as with any guys. I'm sure if he is all you say he is, he'll be well worth the wait.

General Dating Questions

James