General Dating Questions/How to ask for more information

Question
Hi!

I've recently started seeing someone new and we've been on two dates so far. He tends to give vague responses for where we will be going on the date, and as someone who likes to have the details, it kinda annoys me. For example, before our first date he called me to let me know we were going for "drinks at a lounge". Had he told me that this lounge was on the beach, I wouldn't have dressed in heels and would've probably brought a jacket. Now he wants to go for dinner (our first dinner-date), and I would like to know where we are going beforehand so I can take a look at the menu online and see what kind of food the restaurant serves so I won't show up over/under-dressed staring blankly at a menu where nothing sounds appetizing. How can I ask him to give me more information without sounding too controlling or anxious?

Answer
I see no reason why not to be completely up front with him. Ask him for more details. If he is the one deciding what the two of you are doing on dates I don't see how you'd come off as the controlling one. Just tell him you'd like to be prepared so your date with him can be as productive as possible.

General Dating Questions

James