General Dating Questions/No reply

Question
For the past week I've been talking to this guy who is my crush. He asked my friend for my number and we texted for like 3 days and he seemed really intrested. Then he followed me on social media and asked for my twitter and snapchat names etc. we snap chatted and stuff

The last thing I told him was I had to go and I would talk to him later and he said ok. (This was over text) So about 2 days later I texted him and said hey what's up and he never replied. I snapchatted him yesterday (2 days after I sent the text) and asked what he was doing tonight. He opened but no reply.

What's going on? We were connecting a lot and I thought he was intrested but now it seems like he doesn't even care. Is he trying to play hard to get?

I want to contact him and try to meet up in person but if he's no replying to my simple questions they I don't want to be annoying and contact him again.

I know guys aren't into the whole texting thing but he always replied before and now he doesn't.

Please help ASAP

Answer
Hello Mattie!

Technology is often a relationship-killer, even before one gets started. I've written many, looonnngggg articles about this subject that you can find on my website but suffice it to say that any form of technology (texting, email, snapchat, FB, etc.) has a VERY limited value and more often destroys potential relationships than begins them.

Here's what I'm certain of: he's NOT playing hard-to-get. Guys don't do that. It's a stupid game where the person most often loses and if they don't lose, they rarely are happy with what they get. Would YOU want to be with someone who is so easily manipulated? No, neither would I. Neither would anyone who has even an ounce of self-respect.

All this said, I can't tell you what's going on in his head. I simply don't read minds. However, consider that this has only been a week! (Yes, I know how long that is in "girl-years" but stick with me here.)

You can't form an opinion of what someone's interests are or are not in such a short period of time. That's 100% of the time you've had to get to know this guy (and he, you) but changes in that short period mean nothing. Now, if it goes on for two or three weeks or a month or longer, that's a very different story.

At this point, give him time to respond. You don't know what's going on in his life and maybe that's distracting him at this point. He obviously wanted to get to know you. Give him the chance. Then, when he contacts you again, get the hell off the technology already and get this into real life!

Texting is great for things like "I'm running 10 minutes late" and "Shall I pick up a bottle of wine?" NOT "Tell me all about you and let's become the subject of the next best-selling romance novel".

Best regards...

Dr. Dennis W. Neder
CEO/Executive Producer
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
BAM! Productions
Remington Publications
323.638.4145
http://beingaman.com
Producers: "BAM! TV" and “Love and Sex”
Publishers: "Being a Man in a Woman's World I, II & III”

General Dating Questions

Dr. Dennis W. Neder