General Dating Questions/IT’S BREAKING

I was wondering would you please explain to me: why do some people break their friendships with their friends when they are in a relationship?

(P.S would you please try to give your answer in a easy way that I can understand)

Hello Cameron!

Unfortunately, there's no "easy way" as there are about 2 dozen different reasons why people end friendships when in relationships. You're probably asking because it's happened to you. Frankly, it's happened to everyone!

Sometimes it's because the "friend" doesn't want to take time away from the relationship. Sometimes it's because the new person is jealous or insecure about the friendship. Sometimes it's because this person never was a real friend to begin with. Sometimes it's for other reasons.

Probably the greater question is what to do about it. That answer is pretty simple: move on. Accept that this person wasn't your real friend to begin with. If they were (and thus, cared about you as a person - your feelings, your life, etc.) a relationship wouldn't come between that.

Cameron, the reality is; your friendships are even more important than your relationships! If you take care of them these friends will be there for you when you need them - and trust me, you'll need them! Some of the loneliest people in the world are those who had friends and for whatever reason, no longer do.

Best regards...

Dr. Dennis W. Neder
CEO/Executive Producer
BAM! Productions
Remington Publications
Producers: "BAM! TV" and “Love and Sex”
Publishers: "Being a Man in a Woman's World I, II & III”

General Dating Questions

Dr. Dennis W. Neder

I'm able to answer any sort of question related to the approach, meeting people, dating, sex, relationships, break-ups, non-legal marriage and divorce questions, and anything in between. I've helped over 30,000 people with their individual issues. IMPORTANT: Please, PLEASE don't ask me, "what was he thinking..." or "why did he say..." types of questions! I DO NOT READ MINDS! There are 1,001 reasons why someone does what they do, says what they say or thinks what they think. If you *REALLY* want to know what they were thinking, saying or why they were acting that way - go ask them! Be sure to check out my FAQ's on my website at: You can email me directly at:

I am the author of the books "Being a Man in a Woman`s World I & II" and "1001 Places and Techniques to Meet Great Women" and 11 others. I`ve spent the last 20 years studying the art and science of every aspect of relationships, and have answered over 30,000 letters from readers all over the world. My main focus is men`s relationships with women, but I also have many female readers and answer questions for them regularly as well.

Doctor of Philosophy