General Dating Questions/IT’S BREAKING

Question
I was wondering would you please explain to me: why do some people break their friendships with their friends when they are in a relationship?

(P.S would you please try to give your answer in a easy way that I can understand)
Thanks

Answer
Hello Cameron!

Unfortunately, there's no "easy way" as there are about 2 dozen different reasons why people end friendships when in relationships. You're probably asking because it's happened to you. Frankly, it's happened to everyone!

Sometimes it's because the "friend" doesn't want to take time away from the relationship. Sometimes it's because the new person is jealous or insecure about the friendship. Sometimes it's because this person never was a real friend to begin with. Sometimes it's for other reasons.

Probably the greater question is what to do about it. That answer is pretty simple: move on. Accept that this person wasn't your real friend to begin with. If they were (and thus, cared about you as a person - your feelings, your life, etc.) a relationship wouldn't come between that.

Cameron, the reality is; your friendships are even more important than your relationships! If you take care of them these friends will be there for you when you need them - and trust me, you'll need them! Some of the loneliest people in the world are those who had friends and for whatever reason, no longer do.

Best regards...

Dr. Dennis W. Neder
CEO/Executive Producer
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
BAM! Productions
Remington Publications
323.638.4145
http://beingaman.com
Producers: "BAM! TV" and “Love and Sex”
Publishers: "Being a Man in a Woman's World I, II & III”

General Dating Questions

Dr. Dennis W. Neder