General Dating Questions/Getting back together

Question
Hello James,
I am a female in my late 20s. Almost two weeks ago I told the guy I'd been seeing that if he didn't feel inspired to see me at least once or twice a week it would be best for me to bow out.

I was expecting to hear, "No problem," and it caught me completely off guard when he said, "No." To the best of my knowledge we were both having a great time.

From the time we met I've had a deep sense of certainty that he and I were supposed to be together. It makes me cringe when people say this; I thought he was "the one." I have given him space and I accept that we may never be together and I told him so. I have texted him four times in the past 12 days. Nonetheless, I want to do everything in my power for us to be together - in a sane and respectful way, of course.

He has told me three times that he is going to call me and hasn't followed through. I don't see signs of him wanting to get back together,  though we have both been totally amicable and respectful towards each other since the split.

What do you think?

Answer
Well it doesn't sound like he respects you enough to call when he says he will and it seems you two have different demands as far as personal space. If he can so easily say goodbye to you without trying to find middle ground than I personally wouldn't give him too much more thought.

General Dating Questions

James