General Dating Questions/what's the best way to explain..

Thank you for your time, I am using online dating.And I'm in the middle of chatting to a guy.He is 36 and I'm 33 he has a place of his own.I am trying to think the best way.To say, that I'm living at home, with my brother and my dad.Straight away if your still living at home.In general, many people think negatively. Even some find it a turn off,that you have everything done for you & so on spoilt.For me,It's just temporary,I'm very much.Hands on and responsible on taking care of myself.I don't look to anyone to do things for me.I do my own cooking and at times.Also for my brother and Dad.As well as taking care of the house.I don't entertain lazyness,I will be finishing up work soon.And looking into doing a course in Legal administration.From that a good possibility to work in that area of administration. Would love to move out and have my own place. The own thing stopping me is not having the money to.So,whats the best way to soften it in telling him? How to say it in away that doesn't turn him off.Short and sweet not a list of me explaining myself.  Thank you so much!

Hello Julie-Ann!

I think you're making way more of this than you should. Ok, so your circumstances put you living at home with family. So what?

Consider that; if you were a guy rather than a girl, you'd be looked on far more dubiously. But, you're not. Most guys aren't going to go overboard and judge you as harshly as women would a man in the same situation.

So, RELAX! When it comes up, just explain it casually and don't make a big deal out of it - it's not a big deal.

Instead, focus on your goals and future - where you're going - not where you've been. That's going to turn him on. Trust me.

Best regards...

Dr. Dennis W. Neder
CEO/Executive Producer
BAM! Productions
Remington Publications
Producers: "BAM! TV" and “Love and Sex”
Publishers: "Being a Man in a Woman's World I, II & III”

General Dating Questions

Dr. Dennis W. Neder

I'm able to answer any sort of question related to the approach, meeting people, dating, sex, relationships, break-ups, non-legal marriage and divorce questions, and anything in between. I've helped over 30,000 people with their individual issues. IMPORTANT: Please, PLEASE don't ask me, "what was he thinking..." or "why did he say..." types of questions! I DO NOT READ MINDS! There are 1,001 reasons why someone does what they do, says what they say or thinks what they think. If you *REALLY* want to know what they were thinking, saying or why they were acting that way - go ask them! Be sure to check out my FAQ's on my website at: You can email me directly at:

I am the author of the books "Being a Man in a Woman`s World I & II" and "1001 Places and Techniques to Meet Great Women" and 11 others. I`ve spent the last 20 years studying the art and science of every aspect of relationships, and have answered over 30,000 letters from readers all over the world. My main focus is men`s relationships with women, but I also have many female readers and answer questions for them regularly as well.

Doctor of Philosophy