General Dating Questions/horny men

Question
I value your honesty, so I would like to know your thoughts on this: If a guy is very horny pretty much all the time, particularly if he is not in a committed relationship/marriage/etc, is he AT ALL discriminating when it comes to looks/attractiveness/lack of attractiveness when he's looking for sex?  I have asked family members, friends, and coworkers, and they have differing opinions. Some say it doesn't matter if the woman is ugly or not-he will still have sex with her regardless because he's horny. Others say that she has to be "at least a little bit pretty" in order to hook up with her. I go back and forth with my thoughts. So how much does attractiveness matter, if at all when he's very horny?  Can he get it up with anyone, and of course, alcohol plays a role much of the time too.  Thank you!

Answer
Hello Holly!

Of course he's discriminating. If he weren't a watermelon or fresh pile of laundry would be just as good as a woman. Then, there's the joke about the "moped girl" - sure, it'd be fun to ride once but you wouldn't want your friends seeing you do it.

It's near impossible to give you a real answer on this question because it depends on the guy, his age and experience, etc. In fact, most guys are discriminating - just like most women. (Can you imagine the first girl to have sex with Gene Simmons?)

But, that's not the real point here. One of the things I hear a lot of from women is about situations where celebrities (for example) are with incredibly beautiful women and then cheat with someone who is less so. Consider Hugh Grant and Elizabeth Hurley. He was caught cheating with a prostitute who most would consider to be far less attractive. Or, consider Jesse James and Sandra Bullock. He left her for Cat Von D.

These women complain that; if these incredibly beautiful women can't keep their men around, "...what chance do I have?"

The answer is simple: you have a great one, *IF* you're willing to do the simple work involved. I can absolutely guarantee you, these women were not.

Back to your question: so, looks aren't really that important for most men OR women. There are other things and other factors that play into the decision.

Best regards...

Dr. Dennis W. Neder
CEO/Executive Producer
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
BAM! Productions
Remington Publications
323.638.4145
http://beingaman.com
Producers: "BAM! TV" and “Love and Sex”
Publishers: "Being a Man in a Woman's World I, II & III”

General Dating Questions

Dr. Dennis W. Neder