General Dating Questions/In love

Question

I am a 27 year old male and I am head over heels in love with another women my age. I have been seeing her for about a year now. I feel emotions more deeply then other people (I am very sensitive). I am afraid that I am getting too involved emotionally with her. I have dated other and have had breakups and it took me a while to get over them and they were no where as serious as this one. This relationship is so intense, lots of passion, lots of love. I don't know what to do with her and I think my emotions are out of control. I can't imagine the pain I would be in if something went wrong. I feel way to vulnerable and attached. How can I practice non attachment with her without cutting her off entirely?

Thanks,

Jason

Answer
Jason, doing that will sever your relationship. Rather, sometime we feel out of control because we really are out of control over the moon for someone, but in most cases come the Western culture, these feelings are rather exerted but nothing comes of them. So like you've experienced, heartbreak follows.

My best advice is to just ask her what she wants of this relationship. Does she see a future. Better yet, stop yourself from being so overly infatuated and while you may not be thinking marriage, you can think "wife type" and see if she possess things that you value important in a marriage and family. If you see that she has these qualities, look into the future briefly and see if she's in it. If so, see where she's holding with her emotional state and take it from there.

One thing at a time my friend, but organize your thoughts during this time.

May the Universe be with you,

Becky

General Dating Questions

Becky