General Dating Questions/Should I date

Question

So I have been feeling very conflicted.  I'm a 24 year old male that is perfectly content at being single.  Frankly I have not tried to pursue any sort of relationship in quite some time. I really am happy being single but it worries me that my friends all seem to be getting involved in serious relationships.  I would hate to think that by not wanting to date now it will be harder to meet someone in the next few years.  Ultimately I wish I could freeze my age and date when I'm ready but I don't think that's a possibility haha.

So my question is do you find that it is common for someone my age to hold off dating for a while and pursue a partner down the road?  And if I do wait, do you feel there will still be plenty of different opportunities to date women around my age? Thanks for the advice.

Answer
Hello, Brad.   

I cannot common on how common what you feel is, but I am sure you are not the only one in that situation. There is absolutely wrong with it. Although there is a place for social pressure in all this, you obviously should not force yourself to be with someone if you don't want to, just because others are in relationships. At 24 your dating life just begins, so there is certainly no reason to rush. This is the time to learn and experiment in order to figure out what you want and what you wish to avoid.

Thanks,

PH

General Dating Questions

PracticalHappiness.com