General Dating Questions/The first date

Question
Hello, how're you?
I have recently come to the US, and still I am not very familiar with US dating norms. This is my first date with an American girl. Actually , I am going to have my first date with this girl who I have met on-line. Our fist date is going to be in a park. Turning to my questions:
1-Am I supposed to extend my hand first when we have our first face-face meeting?
2-Do you think handshake would be better than hug when meeting her in person for the first time?
3-Also, at the END of the date handshake would be nice? Or should I go for a kiss on the cheek or hug?  should I ask her indirectly what she prefers ?

Thanks a lot!

Answer
I would make sure she realizes this is your first date out of your culture and that you're a little nervous. Let her reassure you. I think maybe a handshake is too formal but kissing her hand may not be a bad idea at the end if all is going well. Follow her lead as far as hugs and face kisses.

General Dating Questions

James