General Dating Questions/Taking photos of her on a first date?

QUESTION: Hello, how're you?
I have recently come to the US, and still I am not very familiar with US dating norms. This is my first date with an American girl.
Actually , I am going to have my first date with this girl who I have met on-line. Our fist date is going to be in a park.
To have fun and tease her, I would like to take photos of her  during the date. Would she like it if I take her photos ? Especially, if she shows some cleavage, I am afraid if I ask to take some photo of her, she might get offended? I don't want to send any wrong signal. What do you think?

ANSWER: i think it's a little soon to be thinking about photos....introductory meetings are mainly to see if you even like each other....wait for another couple of dates, if you even get that far, before introducing a camera...

QUESTION: Hello again, thanks a lot for your very helpful answer. I really appreciate it.
As this date is going to be our first face-to-face meeting:

1-Am I supposed to extend my hand first when we have our first face-face meeting?
2-Do you think handshake would be better than hug when meeting her in person for the first time?
3-Also, at the END of the date handshake would be nice? Or should I go for a kiss on the cheek or hug?  should I ask her indirectly what she prefers ?

Thanks a lot! Your replies are always concise and helpful!

NEVER ask, for anything...confident guy reads clues, doesn't need to weakly ask; you make such decisions right at that moment; you look at her--if you sense she's truly happy to see you and you feel similarly, you could certainly hug--if there's doubt, the handshake is fine; same at date's end; most times you'll know if she likes you or this is the end; if you're not into it or feel she isn't, the handshake or brief hug is fine; if the vibe is good, the kiss on the hand, cheek, or even lips, is in play; also, don't ask for a 2d date right then, just say, "i'll give you a call..."

General Dating Questions

expertise: over 7000 questions answered...B.A. Psychology Bates College;graduate study, Fordham Univ. School Social Work; technical editor, "dating for dummies", 2d edition, by dr joy browne; thoughtful consideration of your question, then insightful advice about love,romance and related issues given in an objective, non-judgmental manner...over 20 years of personal experience in both short and long term relationships...longer term consultations are available upon experience: personal involvement in many relationships where issues of love, sex, intimacy, trust, etc., had to be dealt with and resolved...just having "experiences", however, isn`t`s the thoughtful reflection upon and analysis of what happened and why, that leads to learning and tell me what`s on your mind and i`ll try to help, or tell you if i can`t...thanks

Over 20 years personal experience in dating, including both short and long-term relationships.Thoughtful reflection and analysis upon same, as well as providing imput relating to issues of love and romance to friends and acquaintances.

BA, Psychology, Bates College, Lewiston, Me. Graduate study at Fordham University School of Social Work.

Life experience can really be the only teacher in this area; however going through the experience is not enough. What is necessary is a real awareness, sensitivity to, and reflection upon what has happened, what has been lost, what has been gained. Getting beyond one's own insecurities and subjectivities, and seeing the experience in the context of the bigger picture, are essential stepping stones to learning and announces CT matchmaking service..for more, go to

see above..