General Dating Questions/Faulty communications

I have been talking to this guy Bryce for a few months now and things have been going really well. I have noticed that one of his "flaws" is that he's not good at communicating. It's hard to know how he's feeling and texting/emailing him is very dry.
Bryce went on a vacation. It's an outdoor off the grid backpacking vacation and he has been gone for two weeks and he has one week left. He just got back to a place where he has internet access and he sent me an email but it was completely detached.  

" We finished the trek yesterday and got to the hotel late last night. We are wondering around town and staying in hotels so should have access to email. "

It upsets me that after not talking for two weeks, and I'm so curious to know how everything is going, he sends me one short sentence...? Should I be worried? Should I tell him I wish he would communicate more? I'm crazy about him because he has all the qualities I could want in a man and I just want to know if I'm wasting my time or not.
The only thing I see wrong with him (at this moment) is the lack of communication. I have a general feeling of how he feels for me but I don't know since he's never said anything.

I'm all about communication. I want to ask him but I'm not sure how? I don't want to unload everything I'm feeling and put him off but I don't want him to know how his lack of communication makes me feel.
Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Hi, Amanda.

This is a good and not uncommon question. How is he in person - is he more attentive and affectionate? If so, then writing the way he does is probably just his style. He is not good or he doesn't want to write out overly romantic, sentimental messages and he uses it for basic communication purposes only, almost like a walkie talkie.
If he is "dry" in real life too, then you have to ask yourself how much it matters to you and what it says about him exactly in the context of not only his words but also his behavior and actions with you.

In any event, there is no shame in bringing this up with him once you see him - you don't have to force him or accuse him of anything, but it's perfectly appropriate to tell him that you wish that he showed a bit more warmth in his e-mails. After all, sometimes we, guys, do this completely unintentionally.   

General Dating Questions

Whether you are a man or a woman facing a challenge or an issue at any stage of your dating life or romantic interaction / relationship with your partner, I can provide you with specific, practical, and effective advice on the steps you can take to successfully deal with those challenges and build a dramatically better romantic life. Also, if any of the topics below are of a particular interest or concern to you - do not hesitate to contact me: Approaching and attracting people. Where and how to meet people. Buggest turn-ons and turn-offs for both sexes. Signs of attraction and lack of attraction early on and later in a relationship. Communication skills for creating attraction, effective flirting. Ideas for first date and subsequent dates. Self-esteem, confidence, fear of rejection, body language. Sexual and physical escalation. Dealing with break-ups / rejections. Preventing and dealing with problems in long-term relationships. I provide non-mainstream, unique, and proven to be effective advice that will shed light of truth and clear many of the common misconceptions about what makes a relationship work and what common challenges defeat relationships at any stage. To find out more about me go to

Sold over 50 audio programs on various dating issues ( I have come all the way from being single and not being able to meet women to having a wonderful girlfriend for over 3 and a half years after having an abundant dating experience prior to meeting her. I helped many of my male and female friends to literally transform their dating life through specific and practical advice after they experienced for themselves how useless the typical, popular advice is.

BA in Philosophy and JD.