General Dating Questions/My type

Question
I have been single for over a decade now and I went on a date with someone and told them I didn't know what my type was. She thought it was weird that I didn't know my own type. Is it weird? I mean I know all the qualities I admire, I know my peeves, I know what topics interest me, but even when I find someone I have most of those things in common with it still doesn't seem to work out. What is ones type exactly?

Answer
it's an overused, vague term that attempts to "bundle" similar qualities that other girlfriends may have had; so if they were mainly blonde, skinny and needy, some might consider that your type; it's not very relevant, since past choices may not affect the next one...

General Dating Questions

Azure