General Dating Questions/Types

Question
I have been single for over a decade now and I went on a date with someone and told them I didn't know what my type was. She thought it was weird that I didn't know my own type. Is it weird? I mean I know all the qualities I admire, I know my pet peeves, I know what topics interest me, but even when I find someone I have most of those things in common with it still doesn't seem to work out. What is ones type exactly?

Answer
Hello James!

No, it's not weird at all. In fact, your "type" can change almost from person to person! What I think is "weird" is that she limits herself to only one type!

I've done this many times myself. I'll go for a specific "type" only to find someone I connect with very deeply who isn't that type. Then, I have to redefine my types.

Ultimately what a type is; is someone who matches a specific set of criteria. The problem is, that set of criteria were based on a lack of experience and knowledge about others.

Keep your options open. Don't narrow things down so far that you remain single for another decade. You might be shocked - and thrilled - with whom you meet next.

Regards...

Dr. Dennis W. Neder
CEO/Executive Producer
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
BAM! Productions
Remington Publications
323.638.4145
http://beingaman.com
Producers: "BAM! TV" and “Love and Sex”
Publishers: "Being a Man in a Woman's World I, II & III”

General Dating Questions

Dr. Dennis W. Neder