General Dating Questions/Types

I have been single for over a decade now and I went on a date with someone and told them I didn't know what my type was. She thought it was weird that I didn't know my own type. Is it weird? I mean I know all the qualities I admire, I know my pet peeves, I know what topics interest me, but even when I find someone I have most of those things in common with it still doesn't seem to work out. What is one's type exactly?

Also I see you're Canadian. I live in Buffalo, NY and many Canadians show up in match results in online dating due to proximity. I went on dates with a Canadian girl for a little while and now years after last talking to her I saw her engagement announcements on Facebook and it made me rather depressed. I find Canadian women are much more attractive and warm than those in the states. Is dating across the border common or a little taboo?

Definitely not taboo. But there is no such thing as a type. Someone can be attracted to several types of people. And just like you said, you may have your list of things that you love, hate, admire, etc, but at the end of the day it doesn't change that it may not work with the person despite the grocery list. You don't have to have a type. Rather be open minded to dating others and accepting of different types of personalities. At the end of the day, what you think you want may not be what you end up with. At all! I have several friends, married who thought that wanted the one thing they had on their list and when they got it they didn't like it. You have to end up surrendering and just respect the person and feel comfortable!

Good luck  

General Dating Questions

I can answer almost everything. I am religious person who strongly believes in G-d. If spiritual guidance is also something that you are seeking for, then I am careful and competent in that region. I am also very aware that it's hard to ask for help, with that being said, I am sensitive to others feelings and have gone through hardships in relationships, which demonstrates a quality of empathy and consciousness when it comes to everyday dating situations. I can answer break-up confusions/confusions in dating in general. I can NOT read minds and can answer to the best of my ability in regards to the detail you provide me. With that in consideration, please do not send me pages of information. Pick the most important and effective way to explain the problem and we can make this our problem and our solution together.

I have been in confusing relationships. Most of all I was in a 5 year relationship that really helped me in developing my intellect and sensitivities, which also played a huge role in discovering myself and those around me.

Chai Life Line; deals with special needs children

Bachelor of Arts in English Literature Certified teacher in Canada; recognized internationally