General Dating Questions/Infuriating Boyfriend

Question
QUESTION: As a 41 year old woman,  I never thought I'd be looking for dating advice but,  here I am.  The guy I'm dating has been separated for a year.  About a month in (we've kind of been together for six months) he told me he loved me at the end of a phone call.  I was caught completely off guard and thought it may have been accidental so I ignored it.  Two months later,  he ended things but kept in contact.  He told me he didn't think I was in the same place he was and didn't want a friends with benefits type of relationship.  I finally told him how I felt.  Making myself completely vulnerable,  I told him I loved him.  We decided to get back together and "slow things down". Whenever we are in an intimate setting,  he'll ask me what I'm thinking... Or something like that and not stop pushing until I tell him... Which is always that I love him.  It's like he wants and needs me to say it but he won't say it back.  Not since the phone utterance.  He told me he really likes me and it will come.  Beyond him not saying the words,  no one in his family know he is dating (and his wife left him)... He has adult children.  However,  some of his friends do know about me.  Am I completely off base needing to hear I love you at this point? I feel he forced me into a very vulnerable place only for him to pull away and it's driving me crazy!

Thanks for your insight.

ANSWER: so ask him how he feels about you, as well as evaluating whether he exhibits loving actions in his behavior toward you; if his words and his behavior doesn't meet your expectations, look elsewhere..

QUESTION: His actions say one thing.  He goes out of his way and does little things that prove he cares about me.  When we talked about it,  I got the "It will come" response.

Anyhow,  thank you for your response.

Answer
so, depends what your goal is...if you want to live together/get married, sooner than later, you might want to inform him; if you're content with just dating for now, and he makes you happy, then just continue, but i'd stop telling him you love him when it's not reciprocated.  

General Dating Questions

Azure