General HTML/Web Design Programming Q`s/HTML links

I use HTML with some java scripts.... My links I have set at yellow.... some of them when you hover over them turn red and move a little... while others when you hover over them does nothing.. I like how the ones turn red and move a little... I'm including the page link
( )
so yo can see for yourself... Notice on the left the list of links... Notice the following links turn red but the ones below and above do not..

The Hidden Knowledge

How Religion Deceives You

A World Held Captive

The Ark and Noah

Can you tell me the difference and how I can make them all do the red trick....

Thanks soooo much

A css element is used to define the behavior of links that are hovered by the mouse.  Here is an example...

A:hover {
color: #FF0000;
font-weight: bold;

By simply using this code in your stylesheet, it will cause all links that are hovered by the mouse to turn red and recieve bold text.

If some links do not appear to be changing when hovered, it means that alternative styles are causing it to not change.  To overide any alternative and force all links to do this, just add the !important statement to the css style like so...

A:hover {
color: #FF0000 !important;
font-weight: bold !important;

However, if you only want certain links to do this (but not others) then you would add a style to only the links you want to do this.  For example...

<a href="somePage.html">Click Here</a>

would become...

<a href="somePage.html" class="hoverEffect">Click Here</a>

and the css will look like this...

.hoverEffect A:hover {
color: #FF0000;
font-weight: bold;

I hope this helps.

For more information on CSS styling, you can visit this page...  

General HTML/Web Design Programming Q`s

John Martin

I am able to answer any web design related questions including but not limited to html, dhtml, xml, wml, css, php, flash, swf and WAP. I have computers and electronics experience dating before the Military where I served as a tactical telecommunication com center operator in Military Intelligence during Desert Storm (and Desert Shield). I have a total of 22 consecutive years of computer experience (since age 14) and also teach computer classes locally. I also know little known secrets to making money online and SEO.

22 years of consecutive computer related jobs, hobbies and Military operations.

Personal experience, US Military Intelligence experience, Schooling and Signal Corp. Training as well.

Army accommodation medal and a two week advancement in A.I.T. training due to already existent computer knowledge at the time.