General HTML/Web Design Programming Q`s/database design and coding for Front-End Web Developer

Greetings Fernando D.

I am a Front-End Web Developer (so I do the HTML, CSS and Javascript of a website). I consider my knowledge of database to be basic, since I took only 1 database subject in college and know how to fetch data through PHP.

I built a website for a client that was fairly simple (it contained information only). Now he wants to add a database to store user information in it. The website was built using HTML, CSS, PHP and Javascript and no Content Management System was used.

How can I get started with designing and building a database for my website?

Thank you

ps: you can redirect me to a good website or book that discusses the same issue. I know programming so don't mind technical language.

Back-end is another world Jose,

If you study a Microsoft Access Database Tutorial, you should be able to practice offline and make sense of what you are already doing in the front-end.

A good tutorial is at

Best Wishes,

General HTML/Web Design Programming Q`s

Fernando Doylet

With a growing list of websites I created, translate and maintain in several topics, I keep my production simple and attractive; since some of my sites are built for the South American market, slow and obsolete computers are my concern. The use of interactive forms, graphics, new free services and focus communities are also important.