General HTML/Web Design Programming Q`s/RSS Atom/ feed help

Question
Hi Nancy!

I wanted to know if there was some way to set up an audible ping on my computer so that when a page I have subscribed to using RSS or Atom changes my computer would sound a tone to call me there. I have no idea if this is possible. I just thought it would be a great thing to have if it is.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Answer
Andy, I am not famliar with a feature that will do this, but you might try reviewing Windows Sounds and see if there is one that will apply.  It will depend on how you are receiving the feeds.

From the Control Panel > Sounds > Change System Sound.  Within the Program Events field you can select an option that might apply and assign a sound to this feature.  It will be hunt and peck and my not provide you with what you are looking for.  

All the best.

Nancy

General HTML/Web Design Programming Q`s

Nancy Janyszeski