General HTML/Web Design Programming Q`s/IE Difficulty with CSS code

Hi Nancy,

Ive encountered an issue with the navigation buttons on a website I'm building, when viewed in IE. The hover, current and active states work fine in all other browsers. And IE reads the CSS for the hover and current states; but the active state doesn't work, in IE only.

Im aware that IE has these kinds of issues. Can you suggest any workarounds?

Thank you,

Jeff, I am not seeing a compatibility issue in IE.

There are some tips here.  One of which is...  Note: :active MUST come after :hover (if present) in the CSS definition in order to be effective!

General HTML/Web Design Programming Q`s

Nancy Janyszeski

I can help with basic HTML questions and web development concepts. I do not write JavaScript, but can help with the concept of using and where to find it.

Experience in the area.I am Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) Master Certified and was certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor. Instructional design and test writer for Skills Advantage LLC,, Test Publisher and E-learning Solutions Provider

Courseware, intro and advanced HTML

Microsoft MOUS certified, ICDL certified

Vocational Schools