General HTML/Web Design Programming Q`s/HTML

I am using this to have an Audio filke play on my webpage
<audio controls>
  <source src="horse.mp3" type="audio/mpeg">

I have win7 and iE 11 and it does not Play my Audio file.

Am I using the right Tag or is a Setting off in my iE?

IE 11 fully supports audio tag and MP3
you may have an issue with WIN 7.

Computer hardware and operating systems do not speak the same language. To communicate, they need a mediator- and this job is done by drivers.

A sound driver is a software program that helps your operating system communicate with your sound card.

Audio and sound driver errors can occur due to many reasons. The most common reasons are:

Outdated sound driver
Missing sound driver
Incompatible sound driver
Corrupt sound driver

Issues with your audio and sound drivers may prevent your Windows operating system from communicating with your sound card. As a result, your Windows PC may fail to produce any audio. In addition, you may receive an error message on your screen

I suggest that you reinstall the Driver/Audio Driver Download

Windows computers come with a built-in utility called Device Manager which allows you to uninstall, install, and update device drivers. Most audio and sound driver problems occur due to corrupt device driver files. You can fix such errors by uninstalling and reinstalling the concerned device driver.

To uninstall and reinstall drivers in Windows 7, do the following steps:

Click the Windows icon in your taskbar, type device manager in the Start Search box, and then press Enter
Double-click on Sound, video, and game controllers
Locate and double-click the driver that is causing the error
Click the Driver tab
Click Uninstall
Insert the Driver disc, and then follow the screen instructions to install the driver

Use a Driver Management Tool
The easiest and best way to permanently resolve audio and sound driver problems is to allow a reliable driver management tool run a scan on your computer.

An efficient driver management tool quickly scans your computer, identifies all the installed hardware, and then updates the device drivers for the installed hardware.

A driver management tool helps you save time and money. What’s more- it prevents you from using an incompatible device driver that can cause more problems on your computer. You do not need to be tech-savvy to be able to use a driver management tool. With a reliable and efficient driver management tool, all you ever need to do to fix audio and sound driver problems is to click the SCAN button in your software’s user interface. Your driver management tool will take care of the rest.

Go here to download and run a free Drivers Scan:

Hope this helps solve your problem.

General HTML/Web Design Programming Q`s

Gaston Michel Côté

Anything related to web design, gamification, color psychology, and ELearning. Codes: HTML5, CSS3.

Three years as a web consultant and designer

College Education Certificate in Multimedia Productions