General History/Copyright on Cherokee Indian photo

Mike Goad wrote at 2014-05-23 17:12:01
Another version of the image clearly shows on the bottom left hand corner that the image was copyright 1899.  All copyrights in the US have lapsed for material copyrighted before January 1, 1923.  The image is public domain and may be used for whatever purpose desired.

General History

Hank Hokamp

American History in general. History has been a hobby of mine for umpteen years. Colonial History is what I like the best! I seem to have this "savior complex" due to which I seem to be automatically attracted to people who need my help on a daily basis. Since we are the only critters on the planet, how about joining me? Pleasure and satisfaction are your rewards.

Experience (No longer in operation!) and My education (below). Over 9 years on AllExperts.

U. of Illinois Westminster College U. of Arkansas (Graduated with a BSJ in Journalism) Southern Career Institute - Paralegal Certificate