General History/american revolution

How did leaders and propagandists of the American Revolution use the metaphor of slavery and race to describe the relationship of the American colonist to the British crown?how did the famous British writer, Samuel Johnson,respond to these comparisons to slavery, and the "yelps for liberty" of the leaders of the Revolution?

Hi Mike,
A slave is not allowed to keep the fruits of his own labor. British taxes were taking away the wealth that Americans had earned or created.

A slave has no voice in setting the conditions of his labor. American colonists had no voice in setting the conditions of their relationship to the crown (no vote/representation).

Sorry, that's the best I can do for you. I'm not familiar with Samuel Johnson.

Hope this helps,    C.M.

General History

C.M. Aaron

My interests are pretty diverse: military history, technology, and social trends for most historical eras, general U.S. history, European history, especially Roman and early medieval history but also the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries, European colonialism in Africa, a little bit of Asian history, especially as it relates to European and American imperialism. I'm also pretty good with presidential history.

I've read hundreds of history books on various subjects. I've also been writing historical fiction for about twenty years. Story development drives my research. I am also a tour guide at a local museum.

Bachelor's degree in history and geography.