General History/african american church

what is the origins of the African American church, the African Methodist Episcopal,denomination and the Baptist  denomination. What are the role and importance of george Liele, David Geoprge, Andrew Bryan, Richard Allen, and Absalom Jones. Why was the black church so important?

Hi Angel,
I can only answer your last question: Big problems can only be solved through large institutions or organizations. Two of the largest institutions in America are the church and the state. The state is democratic and works on the principle of majority rule, so the state often will not address the problems or concerns of minorities. The African-American church is therefore often the only large organization that will address problems in the African-American community.

Hope this helps,    C.M.

General History

C.M. Aaron

My interests are pretty diverse: military history, technology, and social trends for most historical eras, general U.S. history, European history, especially Roman and early medieval history but also the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries, European colonialism in Africa, a little bit of Asian history, especially as it relates to European and American imperialism. I'm also pretty good with presidential history.

I've read hundreds of history books on various subjects. I've also been writing historical fiction for about twenty years. Story development drives my research. I am also a tour guide at a local museum.

Bachelor's degree in history and geography.