General History/african american church

Question
what is the origins of the African American church, the African Methodist Episcopal,denomination and the Baptist  denomination. What are the role and importance of george Liele, David Geoprge, Andrew Bryan, Richard Allen, and Absalom Jones. Why was the black church so important?

Answer
Hi Angel,
I can only answer your last question: Big problems can only be solved through large institutions or organizations. Two of the largest institutions in America are the church and the state. The state is democratic and works on the principle of majority rule, so the state often will not address the problems or concerns of minorities. The African-American church is therefore often the only large organization that will address problems in the African-American community.

Hope this helps,    C.M.

General History

C.M. Aaron