General History/Grade 8 History Question

How would you compare the size of Europe to the size of North and South America? Could one answer be that Europe is much larger than North and South America? Thanks.

In terms of the geographic size, North and South America are both much larger than Europe. Europe is about 3.8 million square miles.  South America is 6.9 million square miles.  North America is 9.4 million square miles.

I hope this helps!
- Mike  

General History

Michael Troy

My specialties are 17th through 19th Century history, especially in the Americas and Europe. I also have a fair knowledge of ancient Greek and Roman History, and some knowledge of Medieval European history. My expertise is focuses on Military and political history, but I`ll take a crack at anything.

I have been a guest lecturer at George Washington University. Mostly, I have just read hundreds of books about world history.

J.D. Univ. of Michigan B.A. George Washington University

Truman Scholar