General History/slave code

What did the preamble to the south carolina slave code state about the natures and characteristics of negros and other slaves brought unto the people of this province? How is this code similar to, and different from virginia slave code of 1705?

Hi Daniel,

The Code does not say much of anything about the people.  It simply says that slavery as been introduced to the colony and that negros and certain others will be held as absolute slaves and as property.  You can read the Code here:

- Mike  

General History

Michael Troy

My specialties are 17th through 19th Century history, especially in the Americas and Europe. I also have a fair knowledge of ancient Greek and Roman History, and some knowledge of Medieval European history. My expertise is focuses on Military and political history, but I`ll take a crack at anything.

I have been a guest lecturer at George Washington University. Mostly, I have just read hundreds of books about world history.

J.D. Univ. of Michigan B.A. George Washington University

Truman Scholar