General History/Tituba in the Salem Witch Trials

Hello. My friend and I are currently working on an national project known as National History Day, or NHD. Our topic is Tituba in the Salem Witch Trials, and we are looking for background information on her. I would love it if you could give me some! Thanks SO much!

Hi Macey,

Tituba was a slave, so there were relatively few written records maintained about her life other than her involvement in the Salem Witch trials.  You can find a good summary of what is known here:

- Mike  

General History

Michael Troy

My specialties are 17th through 19th Century history, especially in the Americas and Europe. I also have a fair knowledge of ancient Greek and Roman History, and some knowledge of Medieval European history. My expertise is focuses on Military and political history, but I`ll take a crack at anything.

I have been a guest lecturer at George Washington University. Mostly, I have just read hundreds of books about world history.

J.D. Univ. of Michigan B.A. George Washington University

Truman Scholar