General History/general history- possibly german?

Question
full document
full document  

close up of center
close up of center  
Hey Michael.

Thanks for taking some time to POSSIBLY answer this question..
I've recently come across some pretty old documents that I believe to be German.. one is a Tauf Schein... it is a German baptismal certificate.... now I've come to a blockade in my research road when i opened up and envelope with a German Confirmation Certificate in it...i cant find the actual name of it anywhere at all!.. which would help me put a proper insurancy protection price on it...
Any information in this would be awesome!!! i'm attaching some photos.. not sure how many i can add.. may be only 1 if thats what i can send. if not, there are a few.. thanks again for taking your time to do this!

Answer
Hi John,

I'm not sure how much use I can be as I don't speak German.  However, this certificate for Magdelena Eller appears to be from Erie, PA (not Germany).  The Pennsylvania Dutch who lived in Pennsylvania for several centuries continued to speak German as their primary language until the early 20th Century (the anti-German sentiment from WWI seems to be the cause of most switching to English).

A quick search on Ancestry.com turned up a Magdelena E. Eller from Erie, PA (b. Dec. 25, 1867 d. April 23, 1949) who is likely the person whose certificate you have.  Her parents are Michael Eller and Catherine Neubauer.  There are 12 siblings listed.  She married a man named Franz Kupper (also called Frank Kupper) and lived in Erie her whole life. You may be able to contact the Church, which I cannot make out but I think is the word right before "in Erie, PA".  The church may be able to provide you with more information about the document.

I hope this helps!
- Mike  

General History

Michael Troy