General History/history

Dear mr. Nordquist,

Can you please explain/describe to me exactly what this quote means: "If you don't like the past, change it" - by William L. Burton
With all due respect, i really need a full explanation of the quote as soon as possible.
Thank you.

I honestly do not know what he meant by that! Maybe he meant that you had to change the outcome of history by trying to change it at the point in time where you happen to be or by taking lessons from history and thereby learning to cope better with arising similar situations. But that can only be speculations since I do not know. Sorry!

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!  

General History

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I have a long and intense interest in European and World History. This also includes Military History - especially as I have been a military physician-surgeon for 15 years. I`m also interested in the history of Science, Technology-Engineering, Medicine and Mathematics.

A life long intense interest. But I'm not a professional historian - though the next best thing, an educated VERY interested amateur!

I'm a Doctor of Medicine, specialist in Medical Oncology, Radiation Therapy and Radiation Protection. But that has no connection to this.
However I do answer such questions too here on and have done so for a long time. For such questions click on the appropriate link: Oncology (General Cancer), Military History, Brain Tumors, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer