General History/Nazi soldiers

Question
I'm not exactly sure if this is a military history question, but I was wondering what the different jobs that Nazis soldiers performed during WWII. I'm not talking just in concentration camps, (although I would like some of those too,) but any and all jobs of a Nazi soldier during that time.   (Thanks for reading this.)

Answer
Hi Ana,

Soldiers performed all sorts of jobs, not the least of which was combat against the allies soldiers of Britain, the US and the USSR.  Many of them also worked in construction, building defenses, roads, buildings, and all sorts of other things needed for the war effort.  In many situations, they worked not only a prison guards for POW's and Concentration Camp prisoners, but also for slave labor, which did much of the heavy lifting on construction projects.  Some soldiers served as servants for top officers and political leaders (this was not unique to the Nazis - allied troops did the same thing).

I hope this helps!
- Mike  

General History

Michael Troy