General History/Geography

Question
1. The Ottoman Empire
A) was centered in Egypt
B) was the earliest civiliation in the Middle East and North Africa
C) controlled the land which is now Syria, Jordan, Libya, and Algeria.

2. Lebanon was destabilized by
A) tension between the French government and nationalist rebels
B) the establishment of a Jewish state on Lebanese land
C) the influx of Palestinian Arabs fleeing Israeli territory.

3. Scientist believe that oil formed along ther Persian Gulf because
A) much of what is now land around the Gulf was once under water
B) much of the area now under water was once dry land
C) the Middle East and NOrth Africa was once a tropical rainforest

Answer
1. C. (among other areas as well including what is now Turkey and during some time also Egypt & Tunisia).
2. C.
3. Probably C. (But the Persian Gulf was once - during the Ice Age - mostly dry land but that has nothing to do with oil which formed VERY MUCH earlier).

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

Again this question is at least partly outside my area of expertise. I think therefore that you should address at least question 3. to an expert of geology here. I can not exclude the possibility that A. may be right.

General History

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.