General History/World Geography

Question
1. Groznyy is the capital of Chechnya, a Muslim region which is currently attempting to gain independence from Russia.

A. What Muslim country of the C.I.S. is CLOSEST to Groznyy?

B. IN the 1990s, what Christian nation was involved in fighting with the country you mentioned in part A?

Answer
Thi is at least partly outside my area of expertise here since I'm not an expert of geography here. Even so I'll try to answer it.

A. I think it is Azerbadian (not sure of the English spelling).
B. Armenia (over Nagorno-Karabach).

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

General History

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.