General History/the american revolution

Question
why did the British kill so many colonists in the Boston massacre what did the colonists do right before it happened and how did the Americans react to the situation? also, what precautionary measures did the Americans take after this event

Answer
I wouldn't say the British killed "so many" colonists.  Only three were killed, and two more died later from wounds.  The Massachusetts Police killed twice that number last year.  

The British fired on the colonists because there were more than 100 colonists attacking the soldiers, throwing rocks and ice.

The Colony but the British soldiers on trial, but most were acquitted based on self defense.  Colonists also demanded the removal of the soldiers.  The soldiers were moved to Castle Island in Boston Harbor.

- Mike  

General History

Michael Troy