General History/a.history

What did New England produce an overabundance of industrial and literary talent?

I'm not sure I would characterize it as an overabundance, but part of the reason was probably that New England put a lot of resources into education.  In many colonies, as in most parts of the world, education was limited to a relatively small group of elites.  Reading and writing was not universally taught to everyone as it is in the US today.  This increased education gave New England an increased number of learned adults to tended to excel in many fields.

I hope this helps!
- Mike  

General History

Michael Troy

My specialties are 17th through 19th Century history, especially in the Americas and Europe. I also have a fair knowledge of ancient Greek and Roman History, and some knowledge of Medieval European history. My expertise is focuses on Military and political history, but I`ll take a crack at anything.

I have been a guest lecturer at George Washington University. Mostly, I have just read hundreds of books about world history.

J.D. Univ. of Michigan B.A. George Washington University

Truman Scholar