General History/a.history

Question
What did New England produce an overabundance of industrial and literary talent?

Answer
Hello,

I'm not sure I would characterize it as an overabundance, but part of the reason was probably that New England put a lot of resources into education.  In many colonies, as in most parts of the world, education was limited to a relatively small group of elites.  Reading and writing was not universally taught to everyone as it is in the US today.  This increased education gave New England an increased number of learned adults to tended to excel in many fields.

I hope this helps!
- Mike  

General History

Michael Troy