General History/US Studies for Teens

My 13 years old son feels learning US History is difficult. How can we prepare some materials at home to make him like it. Is there any movies or pictures items or any suggestions. Teacher's plan is for all students whose will become familiar with many patterns, themes, events and peoples connected with the story of United States history during this time period.  This course is considered to be additional background for the high school course that emphasizes the twentieth century.
Trimester 1:  Constitution and Growth & Expansion
Trimester 2:  Civil War & Reconstruction and Emergence of Modern America
Trimester 3:  Boom, Depression & WWII and U.S. in the Modern Era
He likes comic book too much but not history books. Can we help.

There are some interesting videos that cover many of these things.  I find the history channel covers many of these topics better than you get in schools.  But the problem is it can be difficult to find the exact documentary you need to cover what you need to learn.  

Another good option is  This site covers a wide range of topics in short easy to watch videos.  The site is completely free, although you have to sign up for a free account. You may find this site helpful, not only for history but many other school topics as well.

- Mike

General History

Michael Troy

My specialties are 17th through 19th Century history, especially in the Americas and Europe. I also have a fair knowledge of ancient Greek and Roman History, and some knowledge of Medieval European history. My expertise is focuses on Military and political history, but I`ll take a crack at anything.

I have been a guest lecturer at George Washington University. Mostly, I have just read hundreds of books about world history.

J.D. Univ. of Michigan B.A. George Washington University

Truman Scholar