General History/Signing a Treaty

On average, how long does it take to sign a treaty?

Signing a treaty can be done in hours or even minutes but can also take months or even years. I have never seen even an estimate of any average time.

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
The language problem I have had with the payment site has been solved!

General History

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I have a long and intense interest in European and World History. This also includes Military History - especially as I have been a military physician-surgeon for 15 years. I`m also interested in the history of Science, Technology-Engineering, Medicine and Mathematics.

A life long intense interest. But I'm not a professional historian - though the next best thing, an educated VERY interested amateur!

I'm a Doctor of Medicine, specialist in Medical Oncology, Radiation Therapy and Radiation Protection. But that has no connection to this.
However I do answer such questions too here on and have done so for a long time. For such questions click on the appropriate link: Oncology (General Cancer), Military History, Brain Tumors, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer