General Hospital/Music from General Hospital in the 70s

oracle334 wrote at 2009-07-12 00:19:25
Ok, I'm old enough to remember this time period and can add something. Terri Webber often sang "What I Did For Love" and other torch songs at her nightclub, which I think was called 'Terry's Place.' I think this was around 1976.

The poster mentioned something called 'Audrey's Theme' in this context. Me memory is that in the 60's and early 70's when GH still had a lot of old-time organ music typical of soaps then, they played strains of 'Here's That Rainy Day' whenever Audrey and Steve were having trouble (which was non-stop - they were star-crossed lovers for many years, married and divorced each other, before getting back together and settling down). The writers who eventually came on and 'revitalized' GH with the Webber family, then the Quartermaines, then Luke and Laura, etc...  essentially put Audrey and Steve on the back burner once they remarried for good.

CH wrote at 2009-12-20 20:56:15
I watched during this time although I was a young child.  I remember that Terri Arnett frequently sang the song "Feelings."  Not sure about Dr. Dante's wife, although the context of someone being in a "sanitarium" sounds familiar.

msscotty wrote at 2012-08-18 14:19:37
There was a song I think she sang a lot.  I'm not sure but I believe the words went something like this:

"For all we know, this may only be a dream.

We come and go like ripples in a stream.

So love me tonight, tomorrow was made for some.

Tomorrow may never come.

For all we know..."

FrankieJ wrote at 2013-04-08 06:00:58
I remember Bobbi Jordan's character singing "More" at Steve and Audrey's Anniversary party. She also sang "For All We Know" which I believe was her and Mark's song. There were others. I wish clips existed. I was quite young when she was on GH (9) but she left an indelible impression on me. I remember as a child hearing she was recording an album and looking for it in stores for literally no avail. Such a shame she wasn't featured more. The actress died last November. Anyone have any more info, please share.

General Hospital

Kasey Ruiz

I have been watching GH since the early 80s. I can answer most questions from the 80s to present. I also know quite a bit about the history, having read it or researched it for personal use. I used to be a recapper for SoapCentral; and I'm friends with the WUBSqueen so I have access to spoilers if you are interested as well. NOTE: I fall behind on episodes and play catch-up on the weekends on DVR. It may take me some time to answer your questions. Regarding music questions, and update songs played often on their sites, check them out! If you can't find the song, I'll do my best to locate it for you.

High School diploma - Technical school graduate in Respiratory Therapy - Currently work as a Quality Assurance professional for a Medical Transcription company