General Networking/Lan/Wan/Routers in network

Question
Can I put multiple routers in a network?

Answer
Hi John,

I've changed your question to public so that others may also benefit.

Yes you may put multiple routers in a network.  Most medium and all large networks have multiple routers.  Some of these routers are built into the switch infrastructure.  look up "vlans".

Routers merely divide up networks into subnetworks, for different reasons - segregation, security, to cut down on unwanted broadcast traffic, etc.

Please feel free for follow-up questions, if you like as you question was simple and I suspect you might wish to know more but your question was really a simple yes or no.  And it is a yes.

Thanks!

J.  

General Networking/Lan/Wan

Jeff K