General Networking/Lan/Wan/Will it be useful to upgrade to N router?

Jeff K wrote at 2013-02-28 07:09:54
Wireless G is only half duplex.  So pretty much the MAX possible is something close to 27 Mbps.  But ... in practice it can fall far short of that since it's shared between all devices.  So if you only had ONE wireless device then that'd be ok but you would likely experience better performance using N - even though you only have 15/5.

Here are some N routers to consider.  Personally I like one's that also have an integrated print server, so that you can print from wherever you are in the house and no longer need to physically connect w/ a USB, etc.

http://www.newegg.com/Wireless-Routers/SubCategory/ID-145?Order=PRICE&Pagesize=1

Good luck!  

Jeff

General Networking/Lan/Wan

Scottgem