General Networking/Lan/Wan/Internet connection with safari

My quicksilver g4 says that its connected to internet but when i open the safari says that it cant find host

Hi Valley,

This sounds like a DNS issue, though it could be other things..  Clearly your Internet is working in general since you got to THIS website, to post a question here.  I don't have a lot of information to go on, with just that your browser can't find one particular host.  Since you CAN get to but not some other host - it might be on their side.

Would you provide more information?  Thanks!

General Networking/Lan/Wan

Jeff K

Specialist in leveraging technology toward fulfilling a customer's business objectives: enhancing revenues and giving them a competitive advantage in the marketplace.

Networks: architecture, design, monitoring and trouble-shooting
Technologies: Bandwidth Management (QoS), WAN Optimization, Application Performance Management (APM), User Experience Management

Over 20 years in computers and networking. Strong, broad-based expertise from years in Operations and Sales Engineering at major corporations and hardware vendors.

B.A., various courses in computers and networking as well as many many years of OJT (on the job training) and real-world experience.