General Networking/Lan/Wan/using mixed wifi mode

Hello again Jeff.

Does using a mixed b/g/n mode still give N devices the full benefits of the N routers range capacity?  Or could the signal to the N devices decrease some from having it set to mixed mode?

Hi Jim,

I savvy that you're trying to cover your bases but please trust me that this won't be an issue.  G clients will simply be limited to G, and if you have legacy clients that are only B capable then that's what they'll use.  And you will definitely notice a marked improvement for N clients, range and performance.

The router will dynamically support all clients and channels appropriately.  Nearly all home wireless networks are "mixed mode or hybrid" these days anyway.

General Networking/Lan/Wan

Jeff K

Specialist in leveraging technology toward fulfilling a customer's business objectives: enhancing revenues and giving them a competitive advantage in the marketplace.

Networks: architecture, design, monitoring and trouble-shooting
Technologies: Bandwidth Management (QoS), WAN Optimization, Application Performance Management (APM), User Experience Management

Over 20 years in computers and networking. Strong, broad-based expertise from years in Operations and Sales Engineering at major corporations and hardware vendors.

B.A., various courses in computers and networking as well as many many years of OJT (on the job training) and real-world experience.