General Networking/Lan/Wan/using mixed wifi mode

Question
Hello again Jeff.

Does using a mixed b/g/n mode still give N devices the full benefits of the N routers range capacity?  Or could the signal to the N devices decrease some from having it set to mixed mode?

Answer
Hi Jim,

I savvy that you're trying to cover your bases but please trust me that this won't be an issue.  G clients will simply be limited to G, and if you have legacy clients that are only B capable then that's what they'll use.  And you will definitely notice a marked improvement for N clients, range and performance.

The router will dynamically support all clients and channels appropriately.  Nearly all home wireless networks are "mixed mode or hybrid" these days anyway.

Jeff  

General Networking/Lan/Wan

Jeff K