General Networking/Lan/Wan/Routers!

Greetings! Hope things good at your end. Sir i have a question concerning routers. Could you assist me a little?

ANSWER: sure .... what is your question?

QUESTION: Jeff! how things at your end?. Jeff i get online from internet cafe.
I have purchased Dell Desktop GX270 and i am willing to purchase Wifi Router.
Let me tell you something about my locality I live on 10th floor that is 150 feet above ground. I have approached two of internet service providers and they recommended Tendra Routers. Could you recommend me a model of Tendra routers in order to prevent any fraud since most of internet service providers plunders a customer charging higher amount and installing a cheap Wifi router thats good for nothing.
Can i provide you the website so you could tell me the appropriate router that accords with my locality height,stabled signals and better browsing experience???

ANSWER: It looks like it is "TENDA", not Tendra.  I have never heard of them before and they look pretty new - essentially a cheap Chinese brand.  I would stick with good solid brands that have been around a long time: netgear, linksys, tp-link, asus, etc.  I do not like dlink.

Here is a list of GOOD wireless routers, with lots of good reviews.  Make sure that you buy one that is B/G/N - and NOT only b/g.

Good luck!

QUESTION: Sorry Jeff you are right its Tenda:)))
Jeff problem is pretty complicated . These brands are sold as B copy in my country.Literally people label it as imported but its same local chinese made. The current Dell i am using its fabricated and labelled as Made from USA and is sold at cheap prices.
You get what i am telling you Jeff?
There are two service providers Qubee and Wi tribe. Both are providing same routers of Tenda. Can you please help me Jeff ?
I really need your help

You can use whatever router you want to.  You don't have to buy one from your ISP.

Again if it were me I would buy the router that I want and use that.  I have no experience with Tenda but from what I've read they are just a cheap chinese made brand.  The reviews are less than very favorable.

Good luck!

General Networking/Lan/Wan

Jeff K

Specialist in leveraging technology toward fulfilling a customer's business objectives: enhancing revenues and giving them a competitive advantage in the marketplace.

Networks: architecture, design, monitoring and trouble-shooting
Technologies: Bandwidth Management (QoS), WAN Optimization, Application Performance Management (APM), User Experience Management

Over 20 years in computers and networking. Strong, broad-based expertise from years in Operations and Sales Engineering at major corporations and hardware vendors.

B.A., various courses in computers and networking as well as many many years of OJT (on the job training) and real-world experience.